Thursday, 18 April 2013

on day after a big night


The light is bright white on my sleepy face, the eyes soar, my toungue seem huge and warm , the doorbell bangs on my head. Em opens and I cant remember anything else, a minute or hours later, I wake up for lols next door. to hazy and dreamy to locate where it come from. then i know they are in the kitchen. and they made us grilled sandwish with eggs and coffee. I also get handed a glass with coke and ice. i love you, amazing friends. thanks. i get handed some painkillers from Ryan, thank you.we rais up and we sit down. eats slowly. So... last night was pretty cool. you guys ruled. and it was so cool to see everyone again. tha cider in that place was yum and also really high on alcohol...
I were back at galbraiths now, where we saw the flappys from the bookclub. Im back at my seat at the table, observing everyone, listening to different conversations, laughing along with people even though i didn't know what they were taling about. but i saw their faces and loved their humor so i just laughed anyway. I knew it was funny. next clip is from dancing at whammys, i didn't wanna care if it is my boyfriend playing, I just danced as much as i want even though it might seem silly. And the talking to chelsea about how you change expectations to your life when you turn 30. Will I change? yes, i think you will (in the bathroom), charlotte excusing how she asked ryan about his wifey  and dancing MJ moves outside on the way home with kelvin, callum and liam. last bit, makes me feel a bit sick, because i remeber i was feelig sick.

I'm introduced to the blog about pitchfork reviews of reviews by the auther by his story about him self as a kid, beeing obised :  Being a conscious and ongoing victim of yourself is maybe worse than being someone else’s victim because at least you can blame them and know there’s something wrong with them, but in this case, you just know there’s something wrong with you

After eating our grilled sandwich, the big question hoovering over us was, 
How many grilled cheese sandwishes can you eat? 3 or 4?
Of Emily's sandwiches? I'll say 4.

We layed down on the floor again, on pillows and blankets. talking about the longest dick in the world and other stupid things. 
Then I found thison facebook. Beyonses new single, bow down. bow bithes, bow ow bithes
followed by an interesting article. As theGuardian's Hadley Freeman writes: "I never fail to be amazed at the high profile, often A-list women who celebrate their professional success by posing near naked on the covers of allegedly classy men's magazines, such as Esquire and GQ."
Urban female artists here are doing it. Internationally there's Angel Haze, Azealia Banks, Peaches, Jean Grae, Ke$ha (truly) - even, to a certain extent, Beyonce's ex-bandmate Kelly Rowland. They take the reign from the likes of Queen Latifah, Missy Elliot, TLC and Salt'n'Pepa, turning the tables on male rappers with their straight-talking sex-chat and total lack of apology.
Which is why watching Beyonce hover in the unconvincing space between authentic empowerment and the well-worn groove carved out for female pop-stars is frustrating. "I think I am a feminist in a way," she said some time ago, clearly fearful of taking a stance and pushing her public image in any which way. But lip service is boring. And pop culture has a proven effect on societal attitudes, which is exciting. I for one would happily bow down if she made proper use of that.
day moves on, clouds rolls over the auckland tower. we sat around for ages. and then me and Ryan went on a date, eating burritos with special dry rice, played video games at the cinema and watched the amazing G.I joe in 3D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment